1. Most of the documents are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Reader on your computer click on this Adobe icon: Then look for and click on the free "Get Adobe READER" icon.
2. Charts and tables are at the end of unpublished papers.
3. If any of the pages need to be rotated, click on one of the rotate buttons in the Adobe Acrobat Reader toolbar.
4. IF YOU CLICK ON A LINE OR LINK AND GET A MESSAGE “THIS PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND” send an email to Doreen Cole firstname.lastname@example.org . Tell her the link that does not work and whether you are using Windows Explorer or Netscape.
INTERNATIONAL PARENTING STUDY
The International Parenting Study is being conducted by a consortium of researchers in all major world regions. The data are obtained through questionnaires completed by university students. The questionnaire includes the Dimensions of Discipline Inventory (DDI) and numerous other measures to enable investigation of correlates of the aspects of parenting measured by the DDI. The DDI measures:
(1) Misbehavior by the child.
(2) Use of nine discipline techniques such as explanation, corporal punishment, and reward.
(3) Ten aspects of the mode of implementing discipline (such as impulsivity) and the context (such as agreement-disagreement between parents on discipline).
(4) Degree of approval or disapproval of each of the nine discipline techniques.
The International Parenting study uses procedures which have been highly successful
in a multi-nation study of violence in dating relationships of university students
(see International Dating Violence Study).
Each consortium member uses the same core questionnaire, except for the final
section, which is reserved for members to add questions about issues of specific
local or theoretical interest.