Some recent writings with Arlene Katz on 'Social Poetics'
- Social poetics as a relational practice:
creating resourceful communities. A set of notes prepared for the Workshop:
Construction of Health and Illness, at Social Construction and Relational
Practices Conference, University of New Hampshire, Sept 16th-19th, 1999.
- Shotter, J. and Katz, A.M. (1996) ARTICULATING
A PRACTICE FROM WITHIN THE PRACTICE ITSELF: ESTABLISHING FORMATIVE
DIALOGUES BY THE USE OF A 'SOCIAL POETICS' Concepts and
Transformation, 1(2/3), pp.213-237.
- Katz, A.M. and Shotter, J. (1996) RESONANCES
FROM WITHIN THE PRACTICE: SOCIAL POETICS IN A MENTORSHIP PROGRAM.
Concepts and Transformation, 1(2/3), pp.239-247
- Shotter, J.& Katz, A.M. (1999) 'Living
Moments' in dialogical exchanges. Human Systems, 9, pp.81-93
- Katz, A.M. & Shotter, J. (1996)
Hearing the patient's voice: a social poetics in diagnostic
interviews. Social Science and Medicine, 43, pp.919-931.
- From narrative to narration – the power of living, responsive expression. John Shotter and Arlene M. Katz. Spoken paper for BMA Conference on Narrative Research in Health and Illness, London, Thursday 9th Sept, 2004
Katz, A.M. et al (2000) "A council of elders: creating a multi-voiced dialogue in a community of care"
- in Social Science & Medicine, volume 50, Issue 6 , March 2000, Pages 851-860